Are you ready for the next Hurricane Season?!
We have a month to prepare and who knows what to expect...as long as it's a mild season.
Coming out of a global challenge, there has been a lot to overcome for most homes.
But, living in South East Florida we must prepare as best we can, for another season of climatic unknowns.
Fort Lauderdale has a few Big Home stores to prepare and some smaller ones for those last minute items.
As you go about your day, start writing down the items you may need in advance, so you can order online and not have out of stock issues.
3. Non perishable food items for the family and furbabies.
5. First Aid Kits and Prescription Medication
6. Personal Documents
8. Gas for the car
9. Generator - with fuel
10. Extra Towels and Buckets for Water if necessary
Then, Prepare the outside of the house:
1. Are the Accordion shutters oiled. Are the keys easy and ready to use.
2. Is the Garage working properly.
3. Trim trees and remove coconuts - We have tons in Fort Lauderdale, i have 5 trees in my yard alone.
4. Make sure all outdoor furniture is fastened and secure. Remove hanging pot plants.
5. Gas tanks and BBQ grills, strap them securely or place in the garage if you can.
6. Is your insurance up to date and easy to access. Do you need Flood Insurance? FEMA updates the flood areas, so make sure you have the full cover you need.
Lastly...if you decide to drive or leave for a different sheltered area. Please do so in advance and not last minute. That will alleviate a lot of stress for you.
Florida is a big state and trying to travel North with fuel challenges is not for the weak hearted.
If your home is listed for Sale, or Has a Contract Pending, there may be date changes or addenda you may need to discuss with your Agent.
If you decide that all this may be a bit much, and you are ready to head to another State entirely, I have agents in Every City around the US.
I will connect with with our preferred and experienced relocation agents.
As always, for all your Real Estate needs in Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors, Coral Ridge, Bermuda Riviera, Dolphin Isles, Coral Shores, Oakland Park, Imperial Point, The Landings, Lauderdale By The Sea, Sea Ranch Lakes, Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point, Coral Ridge Isles, CALL ME TODAY!