Return on Investment – Selling a Home
If you are considering selling your home, there may be some items to address or upgrade before listing the property for Sale.
Living on South East Florida – Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca etc, there tends to be quite a few homes that have retained their original Florida Charm but still able to sell their homes with the updates that buyers are currently looking for.
As a Realtor, A Corporate Relocation Specialist, Vacant Inventory Specialist, i am called upon to consult with sellers before they list their homes in order to have the home presented in it’s best possible version!
I would recommend the following items be attended to, to get the maximum buck for your money –
1. Call me, a Real Estate Professional. We see the home in a neutral non emotional way, and will guide you on how your home is seen and perceived by the current market.
2. Inspection – Consider calling in a professional inspection company. They will highlight items that the buyer’s inspector will probably find and will then come back to you as a seller to repair or credit. Avoid this hurdle, find the items and have them checked off the list before the home hits the market. It could be something minor as a GFCI socket to termite tenting.
3. Paint – Most homes and their colors are very personal to the owners personality. Most buyers may not appreciate your red or teal walls, We always recommend a soft neutral color, accented with colorful accessories. It’s easier to manage or see past a pillow than an entire wall.
4. Chat with friends – See what they think of your home, and hash out some ideas on a theme or color scheme. They know you well, and may not go overboard with ideas. Keep it Simple and Clean.
5. Curb Appeal – Add low maintenance shrubs, remove weeds, re-sod, clear your walk ways, trim tree branches, remove excessive coconuts, plant some seasonal colorful flowers, remove any clutter that may not be appealing. Create focal points in vacant corners.
6. Clean and de-clutter the house. No, you don’t need an entire bookcase of books. Minimize to some great covers, and pack the rest. No, you don’t all the stuffed toys on the bed. Clear the kitchen counters. Stick to your toaster and coffee machine. pack the rest away.
7. Pictures/Frames – pack away all your beautiful personal pictures. Keep one picture per wall to accent the area.
8. make sure all the appliances are working and cleaned.
9. Garage – Pack, Pack, Pack. Let the buyer see all the space you have. It doesn’t help if it’s overflowing with your items.
10. Small Updates – Bathroom vanities and towels, Bedroom linen and light fixtures/fans. You’d be surprised at the impact this makes. Bathrooms and Kitchens tend to bring the biggest return on investment to most homes.
As always, for all your Real Estate needs in Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors, Coral Ridge, Bermuda Riviera, Dolphin Isles, Coral Shores, Oakland Park, Imperial Point, The Landings, Lauderdale By The Sea, Sea Ranch Lakes, Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point, Coral Ridge Isles, CALL ME TODAY SFL Luxury Homes Group
Photo by Skitterphoto from Pexels
Photo by Christa Grover from Pexels